Deaths Peak During Holiday Season, Study Shows. (from Web MD)
I’ve heard several reasons why deaths peak during the silly holiday season or why people tend to die right after important celebratory dates.
This article is interesting and rather important. In case you don’t want to read the whole thing, here are some points you should pay attention to:
- Don’t skip regular doctor appointments because of the holidays. Reschedule if you need to.
- Stick to your healthy habits through the holidays, and help your family do the same.
- Be sure you have enough of your usual medications to allow for holiday business/pharmacy closings and travel.
- Check out the medical facilities where you’ll be traveling.
- Ask your doctor who you could see if you need a doctor away from home.
- If you have symptoms, don’t ignore them.